The aim of these Community Guidelines is to create an environment which makes joining this community fun, unique and safe, by encouraging our users to conduct themselves in a manner that promotes integrity, decency and respect.
These Community Guidelines are here to help you understand what it means to be a part of the Metin2 community. Please remember that your use of Metin2 related platforms is subject to these Community Guidelines and our terms & conditions.
Some things to remember when using Metin2 platforms
Play nice and respect the community
Please don't abuse our platforms. We are a community made up of many types of people, who all have the right to feel safe and comfortable when using the communication channels. Be polite and respectful - we trust you to be responsible and expect everyone in the community to respect that trust.
- Do be respectful to one another. Do not vent your frustrations on other members, whether through your comments or the material that you post on the site. There is no tolerance for predatory behaviour, disparaging or defamatory comments, threats, harassment, illegal activities, invading privacy, propaganda, racial hatred, offensive cultural behaviour, vulgar or obscene content, or any other inappropriate behaviour. There is also no tolerance for the sharing of other members' personal information.
- Do remember that every player should have the same chance to play that you have. Behave in a polite manner and do not prevent others from using the game's functions/interface (i.e. NPC talks).
- The community's official language is English.
- Do help other users if they ask for assistance. Share your expert knowledge!
- Do respect other people's privacy.
- When playing in a group, participate and contribute to the team!
- All players are permitted to play the online game Metin2 with multiple accounts.
- If you see someone saying something that makes you feel uncomfortable, try to ignore them and do not start an argument. This will be more effective than taking them on.
- The team is there to support you during the game. Please respond to them at all times: help them to help you. Remember, you can always report bad behaviour to the team. Follow the instructions detailed here about taking screenshots. A screenshot that follows the guidelines will help us to provide you with better support.
- If you need to ask for support with account/item theft, please remember that we can only support you if you report the problem immediately. The support for warning/suspension will only be provided for complaints/notifications which are not older than 3 months.
- Keep in mind the Golden Rule - always treat others like you would like to be treated!
- Don't look for ways to break the Community Guidelines and the T&Cs. If you see someone doing so, report them.
- Don't use your creativity to say things you shouldn't say. There are chat filters for a reason and if you have to spend minutes trying to work around them, you probably shouldn't be trying.
- Don't post commercial messages. Do not promote commercial activities, including related links.
- Don't post pornographic or sexually explicit material, the Metin2 community is not the right place for such content.
- Don't break the law. Make sure you comply with all applicable rules and laws. Do not promote information that you know or think is false, misleading or that could be criminal or illegal.
- Do not try to impersonate other people, including but not limited to employees, representatives or hosts of Metin2 and the Gameforge Group.
- Don't be a bully. Not only is it a mean thing to do, but it will likely get you banned from the game.
Keep yourself safe by keeping your personal information private.
Never give out any personal information online!
- Your Metin2 account might be hacked and stolen.
- Your Metin2 characters might disappear forever.
- Your items might be lost forever.
- You could be temporarily or permanently banned from playing Metin2 again.
- Bad people could find out where you live.
- Do not tell anyone your account information.
- Do not tell anyone your personal password.
- Do not tell anyone your real life information.
- Do not tell anyone your personal email address.
- Do not tell anyone your personal phone number.
The Metin2 team reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate action against anyone who is in breach of these Community Guidelines, including punishments such as temporary or permanent blocking of access to the Metin2 platforms.
These Community Guidelines will be updated from time to time, so please check this page regularly.
If you wish to contact the team for support-related queries, please visit our support system.
Here is a list of the requirements for screenshots:
• Name and level of own character (above character head) should be visible in the screenshot
• At least 4 lines of call chat should be visible in the screenshot
• The player's inventory should be visible in the screenshot
• The greater part of the conversation (if possible all of it) should be visible in the screenshot
• Minimap, server and channel should be visible in the screenshot
• In the ticket you should write the time and date of when the screenshot was taken
• Under no circumstances should the screenshot be modified (no underline, no cut part etc.)
Screenshots that do not meet the requirements will be rejected immediately. Sending a fake screenshot will result in a suspension for the user that sent it.